Renovation of Katerini's Railroad Station
The location of this construction, borders on the area where are the existing railways, the area where are the existing infrastructures and superstructures (train station of Katerini) and sections which are next to the railway station of Katerini, serving the transportation around the station. The works carried out in the project concern:
- The construction of the infrastructure and the superstructure of the Railway Station of Katerini, which includes works concerning dismantling of the existing railway lines and swiches, demolition, earth works for the construction of the railways’ infrastructure, the necessary drain works and the drainage of Katerini station’s railway complex’s rainwaters and ,last, the superstructure’s works.
- The construction of new infrastructures inside the train station of Katerini, such as new platforms and docks, new platform shelters, the underground pedestrian crossing, other structural elements(toilet building, over-ground part of pedestrian crossing etc.), elevators, electromechanical elements inside the buildings, fire detection system, electric lighting of the buildings and railway station’s spaces.
- The configuration of the Katerini train station’s surrounding space and the creation of parking spaces, with provision for disabled persons and construction and configuration of access roads.
- The construction of the central crossing for pedestrians and motorists at the Iasonidou Street next to the train station of Katerini.
- The adaptation and expansion of train movement’s electrification system at the train station of Katerini, according to the final Katerini train station’s railway system setup.
- The adaptation and expansion of tele-commanding department’s signaling system at the train station of Katerini and the same adaptation of the tele-commanding center in the city of Larisa, according to the final Katerini train station’s railway system setup.